Thursday, July 30, 2009

Salsa Chicken CROCK POT


Crock pot chicken salsa

Ok I'll admit that when I first heard of this recipe, I kinda sorta turned my nose at it. I wasn't exactly finding it appealing because all I could envision was a chicken breast with some salsa slathered on top. BLECH!

BUT, that is not what this was at all, actually, it's so good, the kids loved it and asked for seconds.It is a huge staple at my house when there is a busy day and I'm just not going to be home or able to cook dinner. A great weeknight miracle. Just give a try ok?


4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup salsa (your favorite, i use med red salsa to control heat, try green or mango they are all delicious and a little different) The picture is with a green salsa.

1 package taco seasoning (you can buy a big container at costco)
1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed) or cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
Add chicken to slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken. Mix salsa and soup (this was the part that looked a little iffy, but persevere! Its well worth it!)pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Shred chicken with a fork. Stir in sour cream until heated, then serve over rice or tortillas.
I served mine with rice.

I also like this recipe minus the soup and sour cream. I put it in tacos and add sour cream to the tacos.

No comments: