Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Strawberry Summer Salad with Fav dressing


Strawberry salad

1 lg bowl spinach ( I love spinach, if you don't use your favorite greens)
1/2 package bacon cooked and crumbled
Cashews
1 sliced purple onion
1 cup sliced strawberries
15 fried won tons cut into strips (I also use fried flour tortillas)

Dressing (my fav in the world)

2 tbs. red wine vinegar
3 tbs. sugar
1/2 cup oil (good quality)
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup strawberry jam ( this is where I have fun, I substitute with blackberry or raspberry or boysenberry jam)

Combine all ingredients and whisk in oil in a steady stream. Dress salad just before serving. I make 2 batches of dressing and save the rest for a quick salad. We often just have a salad of grilled chicken, berries, and the dressing delicious. I love it because you can alter it any which way. add you fav nuts candied or not and omit whatever ingredients are not on hand. Also try a little cheese, blue perhaps. the possibilities are endless. Have fun.

No comments: