Monday, August 3, 2009

Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting



CARROT CAKE

K i LOVE this recipe. Moist moist moist. I only like carrot cake if its high quality and raisins are just not my style. Of course add them if you fancy.

1- 20 oz. can crushed pineapple

2 c. sugar

1-1/2 c. vegetable oil

4 eggs

2 c. flour

2 tsp. baking soda

2 tsp. cinnamon

1-1/4 tsp. nutmeg

1 tsp. salt

3 c. grated carrots

1 c. chopped nuts (optional) I prefer pecans and use an additional 2 cups coarsely chopped to "decorate" outside edge of cake

(I also added 1/2 tsp. cloves)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Drain pineapple. Cream sugar and oil. Beat in eggs. Mix dry ingredients separately and then add to egg mixture. Mix well. Fold in pineapple, carrots, and nuts. Mix well. Pour batter in greased and floured pans (3- 8 inch round pans or 9x12 inch pan). Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (25-40 minutes, depending on pan size).


CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

1 lb. cream cheese

1 c. butter

2 tsp. vanilla

2-1/2 lbs. powdered sugar

Cream butter and cheese together. Add vanilla, then gradually beat in sugar. Mix until smooth and creamy. Frost cooled cakes.

A great frosting to ice carrot cake or red velvet. I even LOVE it on cinnamon rolls! Delicious and easy does it get any better? If you make this let me know and if you really want bring me a piece.

No comments: