Monday, May 3, 2010

Chocolate fudge pots (baked fudge)

K the title is enough but... Oh how I love chocolate. It is one of my favorite things. But not cheap wax filled American chocolate. Oh no that won't do I need gourmet divine chocolate. May I recommend Lindt Dark Mint or Lindt extra creamy milk chocolate. The beauty of "GOOD" chocolate is a lil goes a long way . I find when I have inferior chocolate I end up eating a lot more because it just doesn't do that much for me. Ok I went off on a lil tangent, but there is a point. These lil pots of heaven are the right kind of creamy decadent chocolate. HEAVEN IN YOUR MOUTH. The simplicity of this dish is so wonderful. And you'll impress with minimal work!

Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes Difficulty: Easy Servings: 4


Chocolate fudge pots
Ingredients

2 whole Eggs

1 cup Sugar

2 Tablespoons (heaping) Cocoa

2 Tablespoons Flour

½ cups Butter, Melted

1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Preheat oven to 300 to 325 degrees.

Beat eggs until light in color. Beat in sugar until just combined. Add cocoa, flour, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Mix gently until well combined.

(take care not to overmix)

Pour batter into four large ramekins or one 8-inch square baking dish. Set ramekins or pan into a larger pan halfway full of water (see main pic, the ramekins are in a water bath.)

Bake 40 to 50 minutes, or until upper crust is crispy and the rest of the batter is firm but not set. Toothpick should come out…not clean, but mixture should not be overly runny. If you pull it out of the oven and have second thoughts, stick it back in for ten more minutes.

Serve with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Whipped cream
Pour 1 cup cold whipping (heavy) cream to the mixing bowl. Add 2 tablespoons sugar. And 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Now just whip it on high until stiff peaks form, and you may not use it all but who can't just eat the extra by the spoonful?

2 comments:

Megan said...

These look SOOOOO good! I love your cute colored ramekins!

Kristin said...

I'm so making these tonight, but something tells me they'll be more delish in fun colored ramekins, like yours...mine are boring white. Way to go Summer, I love your recipes.