Friday, July 8, 2011

Spiced Maple Pecans

When I think of spiced nuts the first thing that pops into my mind is the smell of the mall at Christmas time (anyone?) Well it always makes me love the smell, heavenly. also I love a sweet berry summer salad and these are the perfect healthy sweet topping.


I was so thrilled to discover this recipe, it is really like candy. Healthy delicious candy!!!! I promise you you will not feel deprived in the least.

Spiced Maple Pecans


2 cups pecan halves

2 tablespoons pure maple syrup

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/8 teaspoon ground ginger

1/8 teaspoon cardamom

Dash cayenne pepper ( I never add this, but if you love spicy then bring it on!)

1/8 teaspoon coarse sea salt

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet (15- x 10-inch) with foil. Lightly coat foil with olive oil or cooking spray; set aside.

Place pecans in a medium bowl. Drizzle with maple syrup; stir. Sprinkle with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and cayenne pepper; stir to coat.

Spread mixture in a single layer in prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake 10 minutes, stir. Bake 10 to 15 minutes more or until toasted, stirring every 5 minutes.

Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 weeks. They never last that long around here!

Makes 2 cups

Be happy be healthy KCL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just saw these on pinterest. They look delicious!