Thursday, July 30, 2009

Molten Chocolate Cake


Individual molten chocolate cakes

This recipe is from Giada on everyday Italian I did alter to my liking of course. She is one of my fav chefs. I had other similar recipes but they were quite finicky and complicated. when I found this I was thrilled not to complicated and sooooooooooo melt in your mouth good. A lightly crunchy top hides the delicious pudding chocolate in the canter. I actually went through a phase where I would double or triple the recipe and then freeze in ramekins or cupcake liners (the sturdy kind in foil) and bake a delicious treat for myself when ever I pleased. The sad news is that I was at least 30 pounds lighter then, darn kids.

First butter and flour 6 six oz ramekins (or cupcake liners) and place on a cookie sheet cove rd in foil.

Slowly melt in microwave or double broiler
8 oz semi sweet chocolate
1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature

In a separate bowl add
4 lg eggs
4 egg yolks
2/3 cup sugar
beat until fluffy and pale in color. the egg mixture will double in volume
add chocolate mixture to eggs very slowly ( if added to fast youll make scrambled eggs) add 4 tbs all purpose flour gently fold in. it is ok to have streaks ther is no need to over mix.

The very most important part DO NOT OVER BAKE, if you do there goes the molten you may have just made chocolate cake. Bake at 375 for 7 minutes. This can vary due to oven so watch it closly and do not be afraid to take it out when it has formed a crust but seems a bit runny inside.

ENJOY!

No comments: