Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"The BEST CUPCAKE I ever ate!"



I made these also for my babies bday! His daddy loves to spray reddi whip (the stuff that so aint whipped cream in a can) into his mouth. I must admit it is so funny, all though I'm sure it's not teaching him great habits. So I thought Whipped Cream Cuppies (for him and his dad.) At the party and days later I had 4 different individuals tell me that they were the best cupcake they ever had! Not too shabby, for me I prefer chocolate but they were deliciously amazing.


Raspberry lemon cream with angel food cupcakes

angel food cupcakes
1 box angel food mix
I follow all direction on box but add zest of one large lemon, and replace 2 tbs. water for 2 tbs fresh lemon juice.
Line cupcake tin with liners and bake according to package directions.

Raspberry lemon whipped cream
2 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoon confectioners sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon white corn syrup (this helps cream hold it's shape for decorating)
fresh raspberries roughly chopped

Best to have a cold metal bowl and cold cream. I put my kitchen aid bowl in the freezer for a minute and then let it rip in the machine.

In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Beat in vanilla, sugar, lemon juice and corn syrup until peaks form. Make sure not to over-beat, cream will then become lumpy and butter-like. hint: if cream is over beaten you can add a dash of unbeaten cream to smooth it out. Once cream is whipped add 1 cup chopped raspberries to cream and mix in by hand.

To decorate
Use a large star tip or round tip and drop into a decorators bag fitted with a coupler. Or just drop a tip into a slightly trimmed large ziplock bag. Or just use a bag with not tip. Starting outside in make a coil shape with cream on top of cuppie. Then top with 1 raspberry.


2 comments:

Season said...

These were delicious! And I don't really like angel food cake. The whipped cream on top was divine.

HeatherAnn said...

These look yummy! I think I will try these for Sunday dinner. Feeding the WHOLE (extended) family.