Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Chocolate ganache cupcakes



My baby boy turned 1 last month. Instead of making the usual teddy bear "wilton" way to decorated and way to much work cake I decided to make something delicious, and a little for me. Thus chocolate.

Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes
For cupcakes I used a box or devils food cake mix. Following the box directions I made these changes, but used their measurements.
Milk for water
Butter for oil
And add 1 box of dry chocolate pudding
Bake according to box directions (does it get any easier?

Ganache
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups heavy cream

Heat cream in pan on a simmer do not let it boil. Put chocolate chips in glass bowl. Add hot cream to chocolate chips and stir until all chocolate is melted and incorporated. Let cool to room temperature then chill in fridge for about 30-45 minutes stirring occasionally. At this point ganache should be consistency of a thick frosting. Now dip cooled cupcakes just to the paper lining. Repeat with all cupcakes and refrigerate until serving.

So easy so delicious and if you want make extra ganache for ice cream or you could just eat it off the spoon like me!

No comments: