Thursday, March 4, 2010

Banana Bread

Banana Bread
I and my fam love banna bread. I like to make mine with fresh bannanas (not black ones.) We went through 4 loaves in 2 days. I also love making mine 1/2 white flour 1/2 wheat flour. I now prefer it to plain ol white? Call me crazy but it's delicious. So this is a delicious kinda sorta good for you bread. RIGHT!

3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup plain apple sauce
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups bananas smashed
3 tps. vanilla
1 tbs. lemon juice
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup pecans (opt. I usually leave these out)
1 1/2 cups white flour
1 1/2 cup wheat flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. nutmeg
3 tsp. cinnamon

In LG mixing bowl mix eggs, oil, and sugar. Add bananas and then ingredients in order listed. Blend just until smooth. Put into 2 loaf pans. Bake 45-55 minutes at 350.

Variations:
I always double this.
Go all white flour. but I promise you should try it with the wheat.
Leave out the spices, I love it this way.
Yummy as muffins, I don't make it this way because it disappears WAY TO FAST!

No comments: