Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easy delicious pita pizzas


I must admit I sooo thought I had posted these amazing individual pizzas a long time ago. I guess I thought about it a lot and never posted, my bad. As I have been striving to loose weight I have discovered pitas. I love them, I'm hooked.

This is such a winning recipe PLEASE try it, if the Thai pizza overwhelms you go for the cheese. I promise you'll thank me!

The first pizza is...

Thai Chicken Pizza (my favorite, I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT)

Here is how it's done

Pitas- Costco has a great brand that is a great deal and never dry, called Pita Wrap the bag contains 10 pitas and is on the bread isle. (plan on one pita/pizza per person, I do make 2 for my hubby.)

For the Thai Peanut Butter Sauce
(There are a lot of ingredients, but once you buy them all you will be able to make quite a few thai recipes. I'll share another favorite pasta soon. Also a store as simple as Walmart has all these products, look on the oriental isle.) Also this pasta uses the same sauce and it's SOOOO GOOD.

1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (if you don't have low sodium mix 1/8 cup soy sauce to 1/8 cup water)
3 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs rice vinegar
2 tsp grated, peeled fresh ginger (may use power instead)
2 tsp chili paste with garlic
4 garlic cloves minced

Combined and cook all ingredients in saucepan over medium and whisk until smooth, about 5 minutes. Set aside. I make this and save the extra in the freezer for next time.

Remember I grill pounds of chicken at a time and then cube the extras and freezer? I use the chicken here. If you need just bake chicken until no longer pink and cube.

Green onions
Cilantro
1 cup sprouts
1 cup sliced carrots
2-3 cups Mozzarella cheese (I love Costcos huge bag)

Assembly
On a cookie sheet lined with tin foil (I've started spraying mine with pam, just to insure no sticking) place pitas. 3 will fit per pan.
Pita is your crust, spread a layer of PB sauce (think pizza sauce.)
Next add cooked chicken
Followed by green onions, sprouts, carrots and ending with cheese. This pizza is so flavorful I go light on the cheese.

Now you can wrap in plastic and have a pre-made meal for a busy night just sitting in the fridge. Or bake at 375 for 5-7 minutes. Finish with cilantro.


Now for the kids "SOOOOO easy pizza, you'll want to make it every night"

Ingredients
Pitas
Sauce (store bought pasta sauce works wonderfully)
cheese (use your kids favorite kinds)

We stop here, but make what your family likes
pepperoni
ham and pineapple
you get the idea

Again line cookie sheet with foil and spray with pam. Then make you pizzas
pita, sauce, cheese, toppings of choice. Bake 375 for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted.

K that was so easy the kids can even make them and you are keeping out all of the aweful additives out of your food. And saving a chunck of change while doing it.

These could be made ahead and individually wrapped then frozen.

Enjoy KCL

No comments: