Friday, January 28, 2011

Peanut butter whole wheat thai pasta the clean edition

 If you are a fan of my food you will notice that this recipe looks super familiar. I took a family favorite and adapted it for clean eating! It is delicious and now even better for you! My kids always gobble this up and dont even complain about the vegetables, some meals that is all they do... complain about the vegetables!

Sauce Ingredients
1/2 cup  vegetable broth (clean) or chicken broth

1/4 cup chunky peanut butter I grind my own at Good Earth (it is so much better for you!)
3 Tbs Bragg's liquid amino's or 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (if you don't have low sodium mix 1/8 cup soy sauce to 1/8 cup water)
3 tbs  honey
2 tbs rice vinegar
2 tsp grated, peeled fresh ginger (may use powder instead)
2 tsp chili paste with garlic
4 garlic cloves minced
*I also add a small dab of red curry paste be careful a little goes a long way
Combined and cook all ingredients in saucepan over medium and whisk until smooth, about 5 minutes. Set aside. I make this and save the extra in the freezer for next time.

Pasta Ingredients
whole wheat spaghetti
1 1/2 cup baby carrots
1 1/2 cup broccoli, washed trimmed and cut into bit sized pieces

Cook pasts according to package directions 9-11 minutes. At 6 minutes add baby carrots to boiling pasta pot. Then at  8 minutes add broccoli to boiling pot of pasta and carrots. Didn't I just save you 2 pans? You are welcome. When pasta is cooked to desired al dente drain the add pasta to the pan of sauce and toss over low heat for 1 minute.

Garnish with cilantro, green onions, sprouts.

* Optional* Remember I grill pounds of chicken at a time and then cube the extras and freezer? I use the chicken here grilled lemon chicken. If you need just bake chicken until no longer pink and cube. We no longer eat a lot of chicken but add it if your heart desires the lemon chicken is my all time favorite it is delicious.

Be happy Be healthy KCL






No comments: