Saturday, January 29, 2011

Nock your socks off Chocolate Chip Brownies

 Oh I am so thrilled with these brownies I can hardly contain myself. They are rich sweet and decked in chocolate, what more could you ask for from a brownie? Honestly I'm kinda of a brownie snob, store bought are groodie and boxed brownies just taste so artificial and full of chemicals to me. I have preferred the homemade brownie forever. Here is the incredible part this brownie is missing flour and sugar!!! And it is so rich and decadent you won't even know, I promise. You may have to run to the store to pick up a few speciality products but they are worth it. And while it is healthy, don't blame me if you don't loose weight eating it!

The original recipe came from Elena she is genius at gluten free and sugar free!

Nock your socks off Chocolate Chip Brownies


Ingredients
1 (16) ounce jar salted almond butter, smooth roasted (health food section/costco)

2 eggs

1 ¼ cups agave nectar

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

½ cup cocoa powder

½ teaspoon celtic sea salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips ( or 1 cup dark chocolate chips 73% cacao)



In a large bowl, blend almond butter until smooth with a hand blender
Blend in eggs, then blend in agave and vanilla
Blend in cocoa, salt and baking soda, then fold in chocolate chips
Grease a 9 x 13 pyrex baking dish
Pour batter into dish

Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes

Makes about 24 brownies



I am so thrilled to be baking up to my level of excellence again!

be happy be healthy kcl

1 comment:

MommyLisa said...

This looks so good, and I am so happy to have found your blog! I love your personal philosphy and profile and I agree 100%! My children's friends are always surprised the first time they visit because I cook "homemade food" and have "special" after school snacks for them! My house has become quite popular with the first grade set! I love your blog, thanks for sharing!