Sunday, February 6, 2011

Easy Fluffy Clean Whole Wheat Pancakes


I bet there are not a lot of other food blogs out there showing off their pancakes on paper plates! BOO YA, let's just say it was a busy morning and simple is the way I roll!

Easy Fluffy Whole Wheat Pancakes


(serves 1 person-3 regular size pancakes. So easy to multiply the recipe for number of hungry tummies.)

Ingredients
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (finer and less nutty texture then whole wheat flour one of my favs!)

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/8 tsp salt

1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)



Mix the dry ingredients together and then add your milk. Stir to combine and fry in a nonstick skillet or in a little coconut butter in a regular skillet.

Serve with real maple syrup. For my kids I combine equal parts agave and pure maple syrup, it has a thicker consistency and much more like "crappy syrup" in thickness.



No comments: